Health & Wellbeing:
Children and young people need to experience social, emotional and physical well-being to thrive and engage successfully with their education. The Health and well-being Area of Learning and Experience will help them to build the knowledge, understanding and skills that will enable them to develop positive and appropriate relationships, deal with the difficult issues and decisions they will face and learn to live independently.
Key Concepts & Strands
- Physical confidence and competence has considerable lifelong benefits to health and well-being or We experience the world through our body
- Life experiences impact on our feelings, thoughts and physical state
- Our decision making and subsequent actions impact on the quality of our lives and others
- Our physical, social and cultural environments are connected to our health and well-being
- Relationships connect us with each other and the world