Maths & Numeracy:
The Mathematics and numeracy Area of Learning and Experience is concerned with developing a good, lasting understanding of mathematical concepts and the confidence to use and apply numerical skills in everyday life. It includes experiences that enable children and young people to develop their broader numeracy and financial skills by exploring relationships in quantities, space and data, and to apply them to real-life situations.
Key Concepts & Strands
- The language of number is used to represent quantities and relationships.
- Financial literacy develops responsibility, enterprise, personal growth and well-being.
- Patterns and relationships can be generalised by using symbols, expressions and equations
- Shapes can be visualised by representing them in space using the concepts of geometry, and some attributes can be measured.
- Statistics and probability are used to make informed decisions.